Here is another great video that Bob Beyfuss and eXtension.org have but together. Below the video I highlighted some key points again.
Here is Bob's Video
- Only if conditions are right will Ginseng become Reproductive
- Ginseng grown in beds can produce seeds as early as the second year but it typically takes Wild Simulated or Wild Ginseng 6 - 7 years given proper conditions.
- Ginseng Seeds go through an 18 Month Dormancy process from Berry to Sprout
- Only 2 - 3% of Wild Ginseng Seeds left unattended will survive. Proper stewardship can help raise this to around 85%
- Catskill Wild Ginseng is considered the most valuable Ginseng in North America