Bob Beyfuss Videos
The Life cycle of Ginseng
Bob Beyfuss & eXtension.org
- Only if conditions are right will Ginseng become Reproductive.
- Ginseng grown in beds can produce seeds as early as the second year but it typically takes Wild Simulated or Wild Ginseng 6 – 7 years given proper conditions.
- Ginseng Seeds go through an 18 Month Dormancy process from Berry to Sprout.
- Only 2 – 3% of Wild Ginseng Seeds left unattended will survive. Proper stewardship can help raise this to around 85%.
- Catskill Wild Ginseng is considered the most valuable Ginseng in North America.